Sunday, July 31, 2011

New Topic!

Sorry I slacked last month in July, I have a pretty good excuse though since I did have a baby :) Anyway, now it's time to get back on track! I wanted to find something a little different for the month of August, and I came across the digital photography school's website with a list of ideas to help boost creativity in photography. I really liked this idea, so I think we'll try it out for August. I'm excited to see what you all come up with!


Pick-A-Something

Pick something and try to get a collection of photos representing it.  For instance, pick a color and try to go all day photographing only red things, or try only getting pictures of things that are square when you’re on a walk.  I was once at a cookout and, while I took photos of other things, I also tried to get  photos of people’s shoes.
pick-a-something.jpg

The upside of this project is that it, once again, gets you to start seeing ordinary things in different way – taking a snapshot looking down at everyone’s shoes is going to start to get boring, so it forces you to start thinking creatively.  The downside of this project is that people are going to start giving you weird looks for crawling around on the ground taking pictures of shoes while everyone else is enjoying hamburgers and potato salad.


2 comments: